Riviera Health promotes a person-centred care culture. To achieve care that is person-centred, Riviera Health staff recognise individuality and diversity, whilst consulting with and involving the resident at all stages of their care. Every resident is treated as an individual with their own unique values, attitudes, beliefs, and preferences.
Person-centred practice involves:
- Enabling our residents to maintain the maximum level of independence, choice and control.
- Listening and supporting our residents to express their needs and wants
- Respecting our resident’s right to privacy
- Ensuring our residents feel able to complain without fear of retribution
- Engaging with our family members and carers as care partners
- Assisting our residents to maintain confidence and self esteem
- Acting to alleviate our resident’s loneliness and isolation
- Obtaining relevant information that assists in giving meaning to our resident’s life.
Person-centred care is delivered within:
- A safe, homely and social environment
- A positive, family friendly culture
- Staff with the skills and knowledge to practice personhood
- Staff who practice good teamwork and good working relationships
- Staff who deliver well-managed care
- Management who promote good working relationships and
- Management who provide flexible and responsive work practices
We all have things that are important to us as individuals and that we hope we can do, regardless of where we live – this is what person-centred care is all about – residents living their lives as they want in the best way they can. This is Riviera Health’s philosophy of caring.