We understand that it can get lonely at home, even more so, if you are house bound. We appreciate that peace of mind can come from knowing someone is going to visit you on a regular basis for a cuppa and a chat, maybe to do the crossword together, read the paper or to just check in on you.
Respite@Home can arrange to ring you – everyday if you wish – to make sure all is well with you. You can use this phone call as an opportunity to let us know if you have any concerns, if you need something, maybe you have a question about a medication or to simply have a chat.
Shopping, Appointments & Social Engagements
Don’t miss out because you don’t have access to a car or because public transport is not an option. We can arrange to take you:
- Or we can do the shopping for you;
- Take you to and from appointments/hospital;
- Social Outings – don’t stop doing the things you enjoy! We will make sure you get there and we can stay with you, or we will make arrangements to call back and pick you up.
Everyday tasks can sometime get a little difficult / too much – we can arrange for someone to call in and offer you assistance or we will do it all – the choice is yours.
- Mopping the Floors
- Cleaning the Bathroom
- Changing the Sheets
- Cleaning the Windows
- Meal Preparation
- Whole Room Clean-outs
- Arrange for Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning
Respite@Home has a team of wonderful male and female carers who can offer you assistance with your personal cares in the comfort and privacy of your own home. We will assist you to maintain your dignity and as much independence as possible.
- Dressing and Grooming
- Shaving and Beard Trimming
- Teeth and Denture Care
- Assistance with Glasses/Hearing Aids/Orthotics
- Assistance with fitting of Prosthetics
Nursing Care at Home
Respite@Home can provide full Nursing Cares in your own home 24/7 if required:
- Pressure Area Care
- Medication Management
- Simple / Complex Wound Care
- Stoma and Catheter Care
Respite@Home’s experienced carers can help you manage your medications. We can ensure that you take the correct medication at the right time either through a home visit or through Phone Support contact. We will also make sure that you don’t run out of your medications and can assist you in your interactions with your pharmacy and GP.
Home Modifications & Mobility Aids
We will undertake a comprehensive assessment of your personal requirements and home situation and make recommendations / arrangements (where required) for any home modifications and or mobility Aids, such as, but not limited to:
- Fitting of Grab Rails in the Bathroom / Shower / Toilet
- Ramps replacing steps
- Stair lifts
- Medical Lift Beds
- Bed supports, bed rails
- Lift Chair
- Shower Chairs / Stools
- Toilet Seat Raises / Commodes
- Walking sticks, Rollators, Wheel Chairs
- Assistive devices for your kitchen and other areas around your home.
Respite@Home employees understand that it is You the carer that needs support. Being a full time carer is hard work and needing a break is only normal, essential – AND you shouldn’t feel guilty. We offer:
- Our Clinical Experts will sit down with you and come up with a care plan , routines and meaningful activities and offer as much assistance as you require to deliver the care;
- Provide In-Home Respite – so you can get back to doing things you enjoy
- Provide In-Home overnight Respite
- Arrange Residential Respite at one of our facilities if you are going to be away for 7 or more days – maybe you would like a holiday or you have to go into hospital for treatment.
- We can also offer you education, advice and guidance
We strongly recommend and encourage Carers to look after themselves. We know how hard carers work and you need some time for yourself, it might be to have a coffee with friends, go to the hairdressers, go shopping, attend an appointment, have a holiday – what-ever the reason, Let us help with:
- In Home Respite
- Day Care at one of our facilities – this is a more cost effective option
- In-home overnight care
- Or we can arrange Residential Respite at one of our facilities if you are going to be away for 7 or more days.
Day Care Facility – Daily Respite
Are you the main carer for someone and it is just impossible to leave them at home by themselves during the day?
Do you still need to go to work?
Attend your own appointments, catch up with friends, do some shopping or just need some “down-time”?
A more cost effective solution could be daily respite at a Riviera Health Facility.
You can drop off as early as 7.00am and pick-up as late as 6.00pm (times are flexible and individual circumstances can be discussed).
This service is available Monday to Friday, but again – if weekends are needed, please discuss with our friendly Care Managers.
You can book one day or more – have a fixed regular booking or call to book on an adhoc basis – subject to availability.
All Day Care clients are encouraged to participate in our regular activities program if they wish and receive all meals and refreshments.
Transport to and from the facility can be arranged at additional cost.
Respite@Home can offer you support with:
- Medication Management
- Nutrition – Correct Diets and Eating Plans
- Monitoring Blood Sugar Levels
- Exercise Program
Allied Health Support
Allied Health Professionals for:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
Improving your strength, flexibility and balance, may be the key to staying safe at home. Respite@Home will ensure that we refer you to the correct professionals to meet your needs.
Everyone faces the end of their life differently, but we are here to support you and whom ever you choose to be around you.
Our experienced team will listen to what you want and help to implement your wishes.
We will implement the Butterfly Programme and ensure that you are kept as comfortable as possible.
Garden & Home Maintenance
We can make all the arrangements to make sure that your garden stays neat & tidy – just the way you like it.
- Clean the Gutters
- General Maintenance & Repairs around your home
We know that your Pets are very important to you and studies have shown that they can decrease blood pressure, stress and improve your exercise & mobility.
We can help with:
- Daily Walks / Companion Walks
- Feeding and Making sure they have plenty of water
- Vet Appointments
- Bathing and Grooming